Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Evernote

Evernote was designed with education in mind. One of the best things about it is that it allows you to gather information from a number of different sources in one place. You can have video, audio, pdf files, web clippings, photos etc… all placed in a collaborative environment with a simple user face. You can also download the Evernote app on smartphones, so it is easy to add a quick note whenever you want. There is both a free and a premium version, but the license only allows students over the age of 13 to use it. You can also share your notes, which is great for a classroom. It is kind of like a giant digital trapper keeper that you can access wherever the Internet is available. This is particularly helpful in one-to-one schools, so when a student’s computer breaks all of their notes will still be available for them.I love to be organized. I think Evernote is a great scaffolding tool to use with students who are still struggling in the organizational realm. As a teacher, I can make my notes public, or I can e-mail them to certain students who may have missed a day of class. It is also great for students who are doing web-based research projects, they can easily collect all of their sources into one notebook. I also like the Evernote interface specifically for storing my Unit/Lesson plans. I can have a notebook for each unit with the daily lesson plans and materials collected into one spot. This tool can also replace traditional paper notebooks. Students can store notes, but also links, images, video etc… Also it is helpful when it comes time for grading, I don’t have to carry home a bunch of notebooks!


To Learn More Visit: http://www.evernote.com/  or  https://twitter.com/#!/evernote

(Extra Credit - CCA)

No comments:

Post a Comment