Could it be that another semester has come and gone? Four months doesn't seem like a long time, but I have certainly learned a lot. I feel more like a "film geek" now, noticing different camera angles and admiring the art which is good lighting. I have also realized how visuals affect me. Four months ago, I never really understood how a one could really connect with a visual. Over the course of the semester, however, I've realized that visuals connect with us because they articulate a message or inspiration in a way that other mediums can't. I have come to appreciate how permanent visuals are compared to other art forms like dance, music or poetry. I may listen to a song from time to time, but as soon as the song ends it is gone. A visual, for the most part, is tactile-continually present. I have also reflected on the importance of aesthetics. It can be easy for me to have the mind set of thinking about aesthetics as vanity -nice, but really not important. I now really have a better grasp on the value aesthetics really has. There is something so beautifully human about investing time and energy is creating things that are beautiful. My cat doesn't care if the throw pillows "go with" the rest of the room, but I do. It will be interesting to see what else I'll come to realize, now that I've been given so much food for thought.
To end the semester on a beautiful note, below are a few of some of my favorite visuals - Enjoy!





No comments:
Post a Comment