Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Visual Literacy- AHA Journal- January


*January Week One- Has its own post - Click Here


*January Week Two-
C.A.R.P. Principles of Design in My Life


Contrast: The days of the week are bolded as is the title.


Alignment: I think that this poster is a bad example of alignment.
The information is all over the place.


Repetition: A very simple take on it.


Proximity: The names are all next to each other on the top of the page
 making it easier to  follow.


*January Week Three- 
Gestalt Principles in My Life
I am trying to recognize examples of the Gestalt Principles that are around me. Below I defined each principle and I will hopefully add visual examples to the definitions as I find them.


Similarity- When two objects that aren't physically connected are grouped together visually.


Figure-Ground Articulation- When a shape is perceived from using the contrast between the object and the background.


Proximity- When objects that are next to each other are grouped together.


Closure- Is when the design leaves blank space that the eye fills in.


Continuity- When a design is created in a way that portrays movement. 


*January Week Four- Aesthetics
According to Wikipedia Aesthetics is: "a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste, and the creation and appreciation of beauty."


According to Merriam Webster Dictionary Beauty is: "the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit."


According to Aristotle Beauty is defined as an: "excellence dependent upon particular relations."


 Just sitting in my dorm I found many examples of thing that maybe aren't necessary, but are aesthetically pleasing (at least to me).  







*Helvetica Post- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment