-As I was thinking about "visual symbols" I had a hard time distinguishing between visual symbols and other symbols. What would be an example of a non-visual symbol: words, morris code? I'm not sure that I fully realize the role visual symbols play in my life. It was, however, interesting going around and taking pictures of some symbols because it made me realize how many are around me. These are some symbols I found around my dorm.
| The Color Pink- A happy feminine color |
| Chord Chart- A little diagram symbolizes a sound |
| Don't use the elevator when the fire alarm is going off |
| This kind of apple affects my life more than the other kinds. |
| Best when not used as a trash can. |
| ...because no Coke can be sold on campus. |
| I think that soft lighting can be a symbol. |
Your idea of soft lighting as a symbol has really intrigued me. I just started thinking about lighting in some of the films that we need to watch, so reading this came at a good time. I'll have to look more at lighting use in everyday life and not just in television and movies.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I LOVE the layout of your blog. It's so bright and clean and fun. The revolving thing with the class labels is really cool. I'll have to mess around with mine and see exactly all that blogger has to offer.